Thursday, March 3, 2011

Violets and Vanilla Cake for my Birthday!

It was my birthday last week and my friend got me a slice of red velvet cake from my favourite bakery out here in LA and put 3 candles in it! It was so sweet and I loved it. But I wasn't expecting a cake this year since my mum lives in England and my friends don't bake... so I made myself a mini one.

Here's my birthday cake for this year. It's light 3-tiered sponge with raspberry filling and white sugar frosting. Decorated with a ring of sugar violets, colourful sprinkles and pink birthday candles (only 5 even though I turned 29!) There is an extra candle lying on the doily.

Handmade by me in 1:12 (one inch) scale out of polymer clay. I made 2 extra to sell on my shop as well. :)

Part of my new Birthday Cake Range which I will launch this year.



















one inch scale miniature birthday cake with candles, doll's house birthday cake, 1:12 scale dollhouse birthday cake

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cake Caroline. Hope you had a lovely birthday, and of course you HAVE to have a cake whatever age you are, mini or otherwise! Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday to you! What a special birthday cake-- one that will last forever... plus, you won't have to share it with anyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful cake! Happy birthday and all what is best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the lovely messages! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope You Had a Very NIce And Happy Birthday!
    Cake is sooo Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, happy little cake!

    :)

    Regards,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you through Pinterest...LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...